12.07.14 / Made Me Smile

star light, star bright

It really felt like winter here this week: cold, gray, gloomy. The early dusk doesn’t help. The star lights in our front window help a little. Reading helps a lot. I’ve been looking through our vacation pictures all week and I can’t decide if it’s torture or therapy. I think it’s about time to start planning next year’s vacation ;)

More therapy…

*The holy grail of the Beat Generation has been found!

*Grace’s mission statement is spot on. Two thumbs up for the part about making mistakes.

*A garage turned rental.

*Did you see this amazing house with its sneaky shortcut from the kids’ bedrooms to the main living space? So fun!

owens + davis

*Love all the vintage textiles and statement lighting in this house tour.

*Sometimes, for fun, I search “Austin” on Houzz just to see what comes up.

*The bathroom is coming along!

Keep on the sunny side, my friends.

P.S. – You can check out my #HolidayHostess sale over on Joss & Main for two more days!

images: 1) Dana Miller for House*Tweaking 2) Owens + Davis

08.December.2014

That house you love in Austin is in our neighborhood!! You’d fit right in in Brentwood… we say we’re “close in but far out”. :)

replied on December 8th, 2014

Small world! Have you ever been to the Modern Home Tour Austin? It looks awesome.

08.December.2014

Gloomy winter indeed– The time change has seem ultra extreme to me this year. I don’t know if its my new rigid work schedule or what, but I feel like I am missing out on all the daylight hours lately. Can’t wait for spring!!
Love your collection of links at the end of each week. Keep em coming :)

08.December.2014

The shortcut in the kids’ bedroom is awesome! So creative. And YES, I don’t know why, but the early dusk has affected my mood more than usual this year. I am really looking forward to spring.

09.December.2014

Hi! I wanted to let you know I nominated you for the “One Lovely Blogger Award” :)
Please don’t feel under any pressured to accept the award, it is simply a way for us to share great blogs with others.
Here’s the link to the post: http://passionforinteriordesign.wordpress.com/2014/12/08/one-lovely-blog-award/
You have super beautiful and inspiring blog, thank you!

replied on December 9th, 2014

How kind of you! You’re so sweet.

12.December.2014

Any word on where that light fixture hanging in the second picture is from? The house tour doesn’t seem to identify it but it’s stunning!

17.December.2014

DYING over all those amazing textiles and dreamy lighting in that house. Its so good. Also really love Grace’s mission statement. Its just as it should be.