04.07.15 / Life Lately

everett & cheetah

I feel like I owe you an explanation for my recent online absence. The truth is I’m not ready to delve into the details. Just know that Everett was hit by a car last week and he’s doing extremely well. (He was wearing a helmet.) Obviously, my priorities have shifted and blogging feels frivolous at this time. ┬áToday is Everett’s birthday and we are celebrating his courage, strength and heart-melting dimples. If you would like to wish him happy birthday in the comments section, I know he would love to see how many people are thinking of him.

image: (taken a few months ago) Dana Miller for House*Tweaking

07.April.2015

HAPPY BIRTHDAY EVERETT – FRMO THE BUSHS!! So glad you were wearing your helmet and that God was by your side and protected you!!! Cheers to another year!!

replied on April 7th, 2015

Happy Birthday Everett!! I hope that you have an awesome day and get some yummy cake and ice cream. Feel better soon!

07.April.2015

Happy Birthday Everett! Birthday wishes and get-well prayers to you from Canada!

07.April.2015

HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY EVERETT!!!!!!!!!! Glad you’re okay!

07.April.2015

Happy Birthday Everett! God Bless you and keep you healthy, safe and protected always. I hope that you are recovering well.

07.April.2015

Happy birthday, Everett! (My son getting hit by a car is my worst nightmare as a mom, but I’m so, so glad you’re healing up!)

07.April.2015

Happy Birthday, Everett! Thinking of you and glad you were wearing your helmet, YOU ROCK!

07.April.2015

Happy Birthday Everett!!! Hope you have a great day!

07.April.2015

Happy Birthday Everett! So happy to hear you were wearing your helmet. You’re such a brave and strong little boy. Best wishes for a fast recovery.

07.April.2015

I was wondering when you would turn up. I’m so glad he’s doing well. What a scary thing for you. Happy Birthday to you both.

Happy birthday, Everett!!!!!! I hope you have the most wonderful day! You are such a strong and courageous boy!!! SOOOOO happy to hear you are doing well. :)

HAPPY BIRTHDAY EVERETT!!

OH HAPPY DAY, EVERETT!

07.April.2015

Happy Birthday Everett! Glad you’re doing well. Hope today is a little better than the day before. Dana, take as much time away as you need.

07.April.2015

Happy birthday, Everett, all the way from Amsterdam!! Glad you’re okay buddy!

07.April.2015

Happy Birthday Everett from San Diego, CA! So glad you were wearing a helmet and are safe and sound!

07.April.2015

Happy Birthday Everett! So glad you are going to be OK, wishing you a very speedy recovery.
Dana, hang in there. Sometimes life is tough……but you are tougher.

07.April.2015

Happy Birthday Everett from Oak Ridge Tennessee!!!

07.April.2015

Happy Birthday, Everett! Wishing you an EPIC birthday with your family (isn’t that the lingo these days? That’s what my 9-year old son always says, anyway!). So happy to hear you are doing well! Thinking of you and your lovely family.

07.April.2015

Happy Birthday Everett from western Massachusetts (to give some perspective, we live about 15 minutes north of the Basketball Hall of Fame)! Heal up dude, summer’s coming :)

07.April.2015

Happy Birthday, Everett! ( from Richmond, Virginia) So glad to hear you are doing so well. Have a wonderful day!

07.April.2015

Happy Happy Birthday Everett!!! Wishing you a super fun birthday! Rest up and hope you are healing up quickly :)

07.April.2015

HAPPY BIRTHDAY handsome boy! Best wishes and a fast recovery!

07.April.2015

Happy Happy Birthday Everett! Sounds like you have been through a lot this past week! So glad you were wearing a helmet. I hope your birthday is awesome, and you are spoiled with love!

07.April.2015

Happy Birthday from Virginia! Wishing you a birthday full of love, friends, family, and cake! Sending big hugs to you and your mom!

Happy Birthday, Everett!!! From Albuquerque, New Mexico

07.April.2015

Happy Birthday Everett!! I hope you have a fabulous day full of celebrating. Prayers for a full and speedy recovery. :)

07.April.2015

Happy Birthday from Brooklyn!

07.April.2015

Happy Birthday Everett! So glad you’re okay and grateful you were wearing your helmet. Sending happy birthday and get well wishes from Tennessee! And Dana, you don’t owe us a thing. In fact, if there’s anything WE can do for YOU just let us know :)

07.April.2015

Happy Birthday!!! Sending you birthday wishes and get well hugs from New Hampshire!

07.April.2015

Happy Birthday from California!!!

07.April.2015

Happy birthday, Everett! Have a fantastic day and I hope you’re back on your bike soon (with a new helmet :) ).

07.April.2015

Happy Birthday Everett!! From Alberta, Canada.

07.April.2015

I’m a long time reader but I’ve never commented before. Dana – I love your design style and have enjoyed – in a non-weirdo way – watching your kids grow. I couldn’t not comment after reading this morning’s post.

Hey Everett! Wishing you a very happy birthday from Wheaton, Illinois! I hope – despite what you’re currently going through – you enjoy this day and feel loved, a little spoiled and very celebrated! Please know I’m praying for complete healing and a speedy return to doing all the things you love and school (well, maybe not the school part? ;-). I’ll end with one of my favorite (corny) jokes:

Question: What do you get when you pour boiling water down a rabbit hole?
Answer: Hot cross bunnies! (sorry about that – I know it’s a really bad joke but it always makes me smile!)

07.April.2015

Happy Birthday, Everett!! Sending wishes for a fun day and speedy recovery from Charlotte, NC!

07.April.2015

Happy birthday, Everett! So glad you are OK! Have a great birthday!!

07.April.2015

The day after Christmas, while on the way to my house for our big family Christmas, our 37 yr. old son stopped to help a motorist who’d had an accident on an icy overpass. Within minutes a Jeep slid on the ice, hitting first our son and then the other driver. Miraculously our son had no broken bones or internal injuries. Three weeks after the accident we gathered to celebrate his birthday. I feel God gave us the gift of his life twice. We were together for Easter and I still found myself looking at him and thinking of the “what ifs”. We could have so easliy lost him.

So today, Dana, I am celebrating with you the gift of Everett’s life and his recovery! Happy Birthday, Everett!!

07.April.2015

Happy Birthday Everett from VA Beach VA!!!…prayers for a speedy recovery:)

07.April.2015

Happy Birthday, Everett! I’m so glad you’re ok, and hope you have a speedy recovery. Dana, take as much time as you need – we’ll be here when you get back :)

Happy Birthday Everett!!!!

07.April.2015

Oh my goodness, how terrifying! But I’m so glad to hear he’s doing well, and I hope he and all of you have a wonderful time celebrating his birthday today. Happiest of birthdays, Everett!

07.April.2015

Happy Birthday Everett! Best wishes from Washington State!

07.April.2015

Happy Birthday, Everett! Sending you lots of warm birthday hugs from Kentucky! I wish for you to be well and surrounded by love today and every day :)

07.April.2015

Happy Birthday, Everett, from Toronto. Wishing you a speedy recovery!

07.April.2015

Happy Birthday Everett! How lucky you are to have a mom who has her priorities straight. Blogging can wait! Best wishes for a speedy recovery and from Montreal, Canada.

07.April.2015

Happy Birthday wishes to you, Everett, from Princeton, NJ! So glad you are getting better every day.
Georgia

07.April.2015

happy birthday everett! sending you good vibes and wishes for a speedy recovery from michigan!

07.April.2015

Happy Birthday to Everett from Texas! Good job wearing your helmet (and good job Mommy). I’m sure you’ll tell all your friends how important that is! Have a great birthday and a great year! Get well soon!

07.April.2015

Dear Everett, Happy Birthday! I was hit by a car once at the age of 6 (crossing the road when I shouldn’t have been), and I had a bad bike accident at the age of 11 that smashed my front teeth, resulting in two root canals and a partial replacement. Life is an adventure when you are an adventurer :) One of my favorite quotes is : Courage is not the absence of fear but rather the judgement that something is more important than fear. Onward to more adventures!

07.April.2015

Oh my goodness! HAPPY BIRTHDAY, Everett!! May good thoughts of celebration and recovery to you all.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY EVERETT!!