summer sandals

In summer when I’m not walking around barefoot (most of the time!) or running in my Brooks, it’s a good bet I’m wearing my favorite pair of strappy leather sandals. They go with everything: jeans + tee, shorts + tank, a breezy sundress, even a swimsuit + coverup at the pool or beach. They’re easy to slip on but look slightly more refined, sexier than flip flops.

Every time I share a snap of them on Instagram, people want to know the source so I thought I’d share it with you. I bought them at Kohl’s (!), and they are the only sandals I’ve owned/worn for the last two years. I have sensitive toe cleavage (TMI?), but these don’t bother me at all. In fact, there was no break-in period required. They were immediately comfortable. They’ve held up tremendously well especially considering how many miles I’ve logged in them. (FYI – For all-day walking excursions, I wear something more supportive but these are great for running errands, trips to the park and pool, casual dining out, etc.) I just noticed that they’re still available at a crazy affordable price, and I’m seriously considering buying another pair because surely the ones I have won’t last forever. I’ve included them in the round-up below (see #1) along with a few other strappy casual sandals that caught my eye.

In other news, the kids finish up school this week and the pool opens this weekend. Summer really is coming!

image: Dana Miller for House*Tweaking

24.May.2016

Love the mustard color ones you have. I recently found the exact ones for $13.99 at Ross! Walmart also carries them in gold, dark brown and various other colors for $12.99

24.May.2016

So many choices! I have also wondered about those cute strappies seen in your grams, so thanks for sharing. I’ve had my eye on those Lucky Brand sandals for awhile but 9 & 10 look even better (cheaper too!), 9 reminds me of the salt water sandals I had as a kid. Seriously, I love it when you do fashion posts. Your all-around fashion sense is spot-on, keep em coming ;)

24.May.2016

Cute sandals! So nice to see a blog list with items that are actually affordable for non-wealthy individuals (or those that don’t care to spend hundreds on a pair of sandals!).

24.May.2016

I love your style: house, food, clothing! I know in the past you’ve done a personal style post, I would love to see what’s new in your wardrobe for summer.

PS: I loved the brides maid dresses you wore to your sisters wedding. The styles were very beautiful and sophisticated.

24.May.2016

Funny, I feel the same way about the Target ones you listed as #10. I have bought several over the years in just about every color they have. I wear them constantly during the summer and can rotate between all the colors I have collected. :)

24.May.2016

I have sensitive toe cleavage too! LOL I always look longingly at shoes like this, afraid I won’t be able to stand to wear them, so it’s nice to hear that they don’t hurt your feet. I may grab a pair to try!

25.May.2016

What a great post — thanks for sharing. It’s funny, the ones that look like they’d be pricier are the more affordable options.

26.May.2016

Egads! I used to have those same strappy shoes in turquoise but my dog chewed one of them beyond repair. They were my absolute favorite sandals and I was so sad that I couldn’t find them again. I’m living abroad for the next year but am ordering these and will have my sister stash them until I return. THANK YOU!

26.May.2016

I want to tell you how much I appreciate that you don’t have any pop up ads, or any pop ups. I have stopped reading so many blogs because of it. Good ole fashioned blogging. Thank you.

replied on June 1st, 2016

I have been approached about pop-ups numerous times over the years, and while they would probably bring in more $ and increase my SEO, I just can’t get on board. I find them very disrupting. If I have to click three times before I can even start reading something, I’m likely not to read. Thanks for the feedback!

replied on June 3rd, 2016

Your Welcome. Your Awesome.

26.May.2016

Thank you so much for this!! I’ve been looking for comfortable, classic gladiator sandals for over a year. Just bought all 3 colors. :)

replied on June 1st, 2016