This is officially my 100th post here at House*Tweaking. Not really a milestone to brag about in the blogging world…many professional bloggers have 1000’s of posts under their belts…but it’s a milestone to me nonetheless.
(courtesy of The Mailbox Blog)
It’s a strange coincidence that I’m on vacation with my family this week. So please excuse my leave of absence for a few days. We’re actually going back to our Illinois stomping grounds (where Handy Hubby and I lived for nearly 7 years before moving back to Ohio) to visit dear friends and special places. Seriously, sometimes we wonder why we ever left! But back to my Happy Hundredth…I’m asking for your help this week. Help with my blog. I’ve heard from several “successful” bloggers that feedback is the best tool in improving a blog. So, I’m asking for feedback. And in an effort to get your feedback juices flowing, I’ve got a bunch of questions for you!
1) What types of posts do you like/dislike most on my blog? (i.e. DIY, inspirational, randomness)
2) What do you like to read about on my blog? My home, my daily life, my kids, my Handy Hubby?
3) Would you find my blog more attractive with an updated web page and/or header (i.e. the big space at the top of the home page which now includes a homemade graphic)?
4) Is there something I haven’t written about or included in my blog that you would like to see/hear about?
5) What do you like best about my blog? The photos? The ideas? My writing style?
6) Would you be offended or turned off if I started offering advertisements on my web page?
7) Would you like to see a “Home Tour” page?
8) How many posts would you like to see me churn out in a week? 1, 2…20?
9) Are the photos easy to see?
10) Is my site easy to navigate? Do you have suggestions for improving the way I have it organized?
11) Have you commented on my site ever? If so, what made you leave a comment and did you find it easy to do?
12) What has been your favorite House*Tweaking post to date? Why?
Of course, you don’t have to answer each and every question I’ve asked…I’m just trying to conjure up some thoughts. Even if you have never commented before, please…please…PLEASE (can you tell I’m begging?) offer up any ideas, criticisms or suggestions you may have. No need to worry about getting spam or junk mail from leaving a comment. I do not give out email addresses. In fact, even though I’m pretty new at this stuff, securing a spam-free site was my #1 priority when I began this adventure. If you’ve never left a comment before, it won’t pop up right away as I must approve or deny all new commenters. Since I’m on “hiatus” (i.e. vacation) this week, I won’t get to check comments until Thursday or Friday.
So, when I get back I expect to see LOTS of comments. And you can expect me to read and consider each and every one of them. Speak now or forever hold your peace.