05.31.12 / We’re Here!

It’s official. We’re living at the Underdog! The move itself was pretty painless. Mabrey deciding not to sleep and, instead, fuss a lot over the past few days has been rough. Yesterday, I would have sworn I was a walking zombie. That and getting internet service set up at the house have been the reasons for the blog hiatus. I feel so out of the loop.

As far as packing and moving go, I’d been moving car loads of smaller items little by little over the past few weeks. Handy Hubby bought a groupon for movers to haul the larger items and stuff we had put in storage. We had them for four hours today. It cost us $200 and it was the best $200 we’ve ever spent. Remember?…we were living on the third floor of an apartment complex…with no elevator.

So, yeah, we’re here. Boxes are everywhere and probably will be for a while. I’m taking it one box at a time.

Do you like the cardboard runner?

HH is hard at work hooking up the washer and dryer per my request. They’re a necessity around here.

The placement of furniture is not permanent. We just had the movers throw it wherever. And I didn’t get to snap a picture of Mabrey’s room. She was sleeping {hallelujah!} in it and I didn’t want to risk waking her. Just imagine more of the same with a two-month-old sleeping in a bouncy seat in the corner.

My favorite part of the move? Not having to pack Everett and Mabrey up to get Layne on/off the school bus! We’ve driven Layne to and from the bus stop at the Underdog for the last nine months. Now I get to send him off to school from the comfort of our front door…with only six more school days remaining.

So, we’re safe and sound. And I’ll be blogging from the Underdog from here on out. I quite like it.

31.May.2012

Congratulations!!! I have been anxiously awaiting a move in update! It looks great! I can’t wait to see what you do next!

31.May.2012

Yay! So excited for your family! I’m looking forward to watching you make this house a home!!

31.May.2012

Dana, it looks so good, boxes and all! I can’t imagine the relief you must be feeling to just be there. Can’t wait to see more pics as you guys settle in. Congrats!

31.May.2012

many congratulations! take it easy unpacking–it’ll all get done eventually!

31.May.2012

OMG! It looks sooo awesome already! I’ve been checking up the last couple of days, just for this post! Can’t wait until you have everything where you want it to be :)
So cozy and family friendly!!

31.May.2012

yay congrats on moving in :) you’re my hero doing all this with a newborn!!

31.May.2012

Congratulations on the move! Cannot wait to see all of your existing furniture fall into place. The house is looking just incredible; many kudos to you and HH for all the hard work you’ve put in these last many, many months. It was all worth it!

31.May.2012

Dana, how exciting! It’s strangely moving (har har) to experience this big step with you after following along through the whole downsizing and renovating process. I know you guys will love being home in the Underdog. (But you’ll have to come up with a more fitting name for it now that you’ve worked so much magic on it.)

replied on June 1st, 2012

I nominate “WONDERdog”!

Dana, congratulations on your new home, and I wish you many happy years there!

31.May.2012

Way to go Dana!!! I was thinking about you and your family over the weekend. You guys are moved in so that’s all that matters. Can’t wait to see more but take your time.

31.May.2012

I love it already. . .it looks so homey! I can’t wait to see all the tweaking you do. =)

31.May.2012

WOOHOO!! I’m so excited for you & I honestly don’t even know you! It has been amazing watching all of the hard work pay off, and I can’t wait to see how this house transforms into your home :) I”m loving the looks of the mudroom already (and everything else). Best of Luck getting unpacked…take your time!

31.May.2012

This post makes my heart sing for your little family. I can’t get over how spacious the house looks with all that light! You guys have done an amazing job and I can’t wait to see you grow into the space :)

31.May.2012

Wow! I know stuff is just piled everywhere and it feels chaotic to you, but now the Underdog suddenly looks like a home instead of just a house. Love seeing you and your things living in it finally. :)

Congratulations!!! I know it must feel wonderful to finally be home! Has it felt like home yet or is that truth still settling in?

replied on May 31st, 2012

It sure feels homier than the apartment!

31.May.2012

Congratulations! So happy for you and the family to have moved into the Underdog! Time to celebrate – you’ve got a lovely long while to tweak this one :) Hats off to HH – surely a contender for renovator / husband of the year?

replied on May 31st, 2012

I’d vote for him!

31.May.2012

Congrats on a fairly smooth move. Now begins the fun part. :)

Yay!!!!!!

‘Nuff said, I think.

:) Liz

31.May.2012

Now that you’ve moved in at last, the Underdog has the best name of all: home. (I don’t know what medals are available for your guy, but he sure deserves one, and a whole lot more.) Welcome home, Miller family! It’s already looking terrific.

31.May.2012

Awesome!! Glad to hear y’all got moved! Can’t wait to see things as you “tweak” and get settled!!

31.May.2012

Congratulations! I’m glad to hear everything went well, and your all settling in comforably.

31.May.2012

Welcome home! Can’t wait to watch it all unfold.

31.May.2012

WOOOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOO……….looks fabulous! Can’t wait for the process to move forward. :)

31.May.2012

The difference you guys have made to that house is already astounding! I’m enjoying being with you through the experience. A big huzzah to HH. He’s been working awfully hard and deserves some blog love. Great work HH and beautifully finished too. I hope you get to sit back with a cold beer and put your feet up sometime very soon!

Congratulations to both of you and thank you for sharing your journey with us.

31.May.2012

YAY!!! Congratulations! I’ve been silently cheering you guys on from this side of the screen… So excited for you and your family! Can’t wait to see your ideas for the new home!

31.May.2012

The transformation of your house continues to amaze me. Even with boxes everywhere the potential is evident. I can’t wait until you share more.

31.May.2012

I’m so excited for you guys!!! I can’t wait to see your furniture and personal items were they belong. It has been great watching you and HH working on the Underdog but to see if filled with furniture will really give us a better idea of space available. Congratulations!!!!

31.May.2012

Wooo! Apparently woo is too short of a comment. So… Woooooo!!!!!

31.May.2012

Happy Housewarming! It looks wonderful already. What a relief to be in. One box at a time is an awesome philosophy and will get you through it. Let The Tweaking Begin!

31.May.2012

Congratulations on being moved in. Looks like home. Cannot wait for the tweaking to commence.
I had to chuckle at your comment about seeing your son off to school from the comfort of your front door with only 6 school days left.

Wow. So excited for you guys!

31.May.2012

YAY! I’m so excited for you guys! It will take time to get through all the boxes and stuff but enjoy it! I’m happy you are home now! :)

31.May.2012

Hi Dana. I am so happy for you. Go easy on yourself with the unpacking! Did I spy a new head board in master bedroom?? OHHHHH I am so excited to watch the decorating unfold.

31.May.2012

Hooray! What great news, Dana!! I knew you would make the Underdog look good, but seeing some of your things in there makes it look really GREAT! And most of it is still in boxes! :-)

31.May.2012

congrats on your move! I love seeing your pictures and reading your updates. Just one question.. you have a beautiful dinette set. Can you tell me where you purchased the table and chairs. I have a white kitchen that would work perfectly with that set.
thank you and congrats again.

replied on June 2nd, 2012

The table was a craigslist find. The chairs are from IKEA.

31.May.2012

Hooray!!! I’ve been checking every day…I can’t wait to see what you do with it now that you live there!!

31.May.2012

It’s amazing to look around your home and see that you have completely renovated every part of that house, AND your husband has done it almost entirely by himself, while also having a full time job. It is really wonderful looking, all the choices you made were right on target, and it is going to be a lovely home. Congratulations.

Congrats! So exciting! Can’t wait to see everything come together as you unpack. Good luck!

31.May.2012

congrats! it’s been fun watching the progress so far. can’t wait to see how much more gets done now that you are in!

31.May.2012

Yay! So happy that you are all moved in. I LOVE your kitchen!

ColorHug.com

Sweet! Movers are the best, so I’ve heard….I’ve never actually used any. Wah wah

31.May.2012

Yay!! Looks so fresh and nice!! Even amidst the clutter you can see the beauty – isn’t it great to have all the new stuff? Ahhhhhhhh – can hardly wait to see more development – so glad you like it!

Congratulations on the move! Its looking like home already.

31.May.2012

Welcome home! I am so happy for your family!

31.May.2012

So excited for you and your family! Such a lot of hard work and love put into this house. Almost inspires me to want to downsize :) Can’t wait to see you style the house!

31.May.2012

Congratulations to you guys! I bet it’s such a great feeling! Can’t wait for more posts :)

31.May.2012

How exciting!!! Congratulations and good luck!! I’ve very much looking forward to the progress and seeing it all come together. I spy a lot of your new pieces already!

31.May.2012

Congrats! What a great feeling to finally be home. We are hoping to make our own move soon as well. I spy some awesome looking stools at the island that I don’t think I’ve seen before. Would you mind sharing their source? (If this info is for a future blog post, I’ll wait for the details! :) )

replied on June 2nd, 2012

I shared when I bought them here. I’ll be writing up a review on them shortly though as I’ve already had requests for that!

How exciting!! You know we’re all eager to see things take shape, but take your time! What an accomplishment to finally be living there!

31.May.2012

CONGRATS!! That is awesome!

31.May.2012

Yay! I’ve been waiting to see this. I love how it’s already starting to look like your home. Congrats!